Search This Blog

Friday 18 May 2012

Injured On The Job

This is the only way I can explain how it looked,
literally walked into the post mid walk.
As a kid I was anything but graceful. I always had atleast a couple scrapes and a few bruise somewhere on my body. I was continuously injuring myself, I have countless scars, I've sprained my ankles more than I can count, chipped and cracked bone, but thankfully never broken any and I've even caused nerve damage to my leg, which I will never get back - so basically I have a big numb spot over my shin that will  never regain feeling.
The other day I was thinking to myself that I hadn't done anything stupid or "blonde" lately to cause any injuries. Which I was SO proud of, but I thought/spoke too soon. Tonight when I arrived at the brides house before going to the wedding rehearsal, I was greeted by a mob of tourists at the end of her driveway. They were blocking the road there were so many of them, and they all had their tripods and cameras out taking photos of a duck, yes ONE lonely duck. The bride, groom and his friend were in the house laughing and taking photos of the tourists gathered around to see this one little duck. Walking into the house I was distracted by the gathering and the duck, but kept walking all the same. When I turned my attention back in the direction I was walking in, their balcony post greeted me with open arms. SMACK! went my face against the wooden post, I felt like a cartoon and felt like shit, my cheeks turned red with embarrassment and I bit like lip to keep myself my leaking any tears, but also bit my lip to keep from laughing at how stupid I must have looked to the tourists!  The bride was just opening the door to great me when she heard me hit the post, she didn't catch it in time to witness it, but she said it sounded awful. She welcomed me into the house and gave me a nice bag of frozen peas. I was embarrassed beyond words, I just kept thinking "I can't believe I did that, just walked into a freaking post." The rest of the evening I was self conscious of the egg that was beginning to grow upon my brow and wondering when it was start to change from fresh colored to a nice dark purple. The brides father got quite a kick out of the event and cracked jokes every now in then, which helped to lighten my hurt pride haha, there's nothing like walking into a job - my first big wedding of the season - and making a complete idiot of yourself.

So now I am home pouting about the fact that I can see my eyebrow just by looking upwards and that I can't really show too much emotion because moving my eyebrows is extremely painful. I'm just happy that I don't have a concussion or I hope not anyway. I do have a head ache though, but who wouldn't! There is no signs of a black eye yet, just a tiny purple dot in the centre of the egg and I'm hoping that's all the color that will develop, but I have a feeling that I will be disappointed.


It's swollen all the way up to my hairline!

I'm not very impressed, but thankfully it's on the side of my head that is covered by bangs! In person you can see it much better, but if you look at the shadow you can see how far it goes up to my hair. 
Stay happy... and safe! Take my advise and watch wear you're walking haha

1 comment: