Search This Blog

Sunday 6 January 2013

Covered In Tats

So during my insomnia I decided that I would do some pin-cleaning and picked my Tattoo's and Piercings board, because although at one point I thought I would like to have all kinds of tattoos, and I will probably get many more than the 2 that I have, I thought that almost 200 pins was alittle un-realistic. Really? There can't be close to 200 tattoos that I want. Most of them were just quotes that I liked and if I got every quote that I like tattooed on my body, I would probably have more words than a dictionary.
I'm glad that I am one of those people that thinks for atleast 6-12 months about a tattoo before getting it. My first was really only a couple of months and although I love it, I still kinda question it sometimes, but it's there for good, so might as well love it. I put it there for a reason and it reminds me everyday - or everyday that I remember that it's there because it's on my back and I forget about it sometimes. And I can't say that the only reason I'm not littered in tats is because I'm a sensible young lady, but more that I'm a broke young lady and have to say up to pay for it, so I might as well make sure I want it.
Most of my tattoo's that I have picked out are rewards for WHEN (yes when cause eventually it's gonna happen and hopefully soon) I lose weight, because lets me honest most of the ones I want are on parts of my body that just aren't the "smooth"est surface right now.
As I was going through and deleting about 100 of them, they kept getting worse and worse. Like seriously Robyn? This tattoo right here inspired you somehow or interested you at one point? Not that it isn't great art or that it's an awful tattoo and whoever got it should be ashamed, but because it isn't me at all! I used to have a very strict thought on tattoo's, I hated anything that didn't make sense to me, I didn't like colored tattoos and most of the time I only liked words because I questioned why people got big back tattoo's and sleeves. But after leaving my rock of a home and going to art school my mind changed. A friend of mine was getting a sleeve and she didn't really care what she got, she just wanted the tattoo artist to create something. Me being someone who will only get a tattoo that has some sort of meaning to her thought this was an out landish idea and couldn't wrap her mind around it. I asked her why she wasn't getting something that had meaning to her and she said "Think of it as if you are going into an art gallery and one of your favorite artist has pieces hanging there for sale. You spend 200.00 on a piece of that art to hang on your wall at home. One of my favorite artists just happens to do originals and right on my body and I can carry it where-ever I go." This completely changed my way of thinking about tattoos, especially because I have such an appreciation for art. But because I was thinking of tattoos as something for only me and no one else, I hadn't thought of the artist themselves and that they like to create pieces of art on a canvas made of skin. So now I am much more open to more artistic tattoos and not just something that has a deep sense of meaning to me.

My tattoo's that I do have really don't appeal to most people, my second one does because it is cute, but has meaning to me. And just to address the "tattoos are addictive" saying, I swear by it. I love the feeling of getting a tattoo and after I my second was finished I remember sitting there trying to think of something else that I could get done right after, just because I didn't want him to stop.

#1 at the very top of my back - something I came up with myself during
a time when I was a bit mad at the world or the people on it. This one
I kinda question sometimes and think maybe I should have thought
about it some more before getting it, but it was my first and who cares
really? 
#2 on my left wrist 
This was the original that I had found online, I photoshopped
my own touches into it and liked it so much more when than this one. 

Here are some of the ones that I would like to get in the future

I would really love these three tattooed, I lack amounts
of some of them and have too much of others. All three
compounds have an impact on my life.
this is an example. I will definitely be tattooing Tinka
and Miles paw pints on me. If I did it for every pet I
would be covered, but I still think about it. Tinka
has been my bestest friend through everything and I
pretty much consider her my first child. As for Miles
he has already begun to teach my patience, and his
special needs not only brought me understanding, but
a smile when I need it most. 

A friend and I have talked about getting matching tattoos
and the Lion King as always been our movie, this tattoo
has always been a favorite, so I am definitely bringing it
up to her tomorrow. 

one of my reward tattoo ideas, when I
have a flat back I would love to get this.
Like I said before I am not one for color tattoos or sleeves, but when I saw this I
stopped breathing for a second. Not sure if it's a real tattoo or photoshopped, but I
love it all the same and would love to have it some day if I ever get a sleeve, if not
the one below I also adore.


Stay Happy :)

-robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment